Epson has expanded its signage printer line up to include a resin ink solution, offering print service providers and creative design agencies the ability to produce a wide range of signage and high-value applications with environmentally friendly, outstanding results.
The new 64-inch SureColor SC-R5000 printer offers exceptional print performance and color control thanks to the PrecisionCore Micro TFP printhead. Precise temperature control, which is monitored by four temperature sensors, ensures color is consistent from edge to edge and top to bottom. Three independent heating stations (preheat / platen heat / post-cure heat) ensure color uniformity and adept media handling.
The efficient drying and curing process enables lamination and same-day delivery so users can reduce turnaround times.
The long-life PrecisionCore Micro TFP printhead means accurate and repeatable color from first print to the very last. As Piezo printheads are not subjected to thermal degradations, droplet placement and dot sizes remain consistent throughout the life of the printhead. When the printhead does need replacing, it can be carried out by the operator, boosting uptime and productivity.
Class-leading Advanced Auto Tension Control (Ad-ATC) offers highly accurate dimensional stability required for tiled work such as window displays and wall coverings. This consistent repeatability saves material wastage, installation time and provides seamless results for the customer.
The new 6-color UltraChrome RS ink set is an odourless, water-based resin ink and is suitable for use in any environments such as schools, hospitals, hotels and indoor facilities. The bulk ink solution has the option of 1.5-litre ink pouches for medium print volume outputs and a hot-swappable two set of inks for high print volumes, which is available on the SC-R5000L.
Tom Owers, Pro Graphics product manager at Epson UK says, “We have listened to our customers and understood the demand for quality, productivity, reliability and stable color performance within the resin ink market. With the introduction of the SC-R5000, we are now able to meet all of these demands. With our line-up of Eco-solvent, UV and now resin ink sets, Epson is the one-stop-shop for all signage, POS and interior décor requirements.”
Key features of the SC-R5000 include:
- Epson UltraChrome RS ink – resin ink with a wide color gamut
- High levels of scratch resistance
- GreenGuard Gold, AgBB and French-VOC certification
- Accurate feeding & take-up roll system – provides roll to roll print for superb productivity
- Advanced Auto Tension Control (Ad-ATC) for accurate and stable media feeding
- Operator-replaceable parts (user replaceable printhead)
- Newly designed three-station heater (preheat / platen heat / post-cure heat)
- Bulk Ink Solution – 1.5lt ink pouches for Medium print volume users and 2 X 1.5lt ink pouches for High print volume users, supported by hot-swap function
- 3-inch touch panel for intuitive operation
- Epson Edge Print RIP software for easy setup
The SC-R5000 will be available from December 2020.